Welcome to our school website
As the Principal of Edwards Primary School & Nursery Unit, I am pleased to welcome you to our website. Whatever your interest in Edwards Primary School or Nursery Unit may be, I do hope that you will find our website informative and that it will provide you with an insight into the diversity & richness of the Edwards school experience.
As you browse these pages, I trust you will appreciate our passion for learning and our commitment to working with young people to inspire excellence & fulfil potential.
Ms E Robinson
We express our CONGRATULATIONS and BEST WISHES to Joanna Caldwell in Year 6 who will be participating in the Primary heat of the BBC School Soloist of the Year 2021 competition. We are so proud of you Joanna for all your hard work and talent to get to this stage of the competition. We are cheering for you all the way!
Thank you for the wonderful pictures of everyone enjoying World Book Day - either dressed as their favourite characters, holding their favourite books or reading in unusual places.
Brighter Days Are Coming
Education Phased Re-opening
Monday 22nd March 2021
We are delighted to welcome all pupils back to school.
To fully align with PHA and DENI guidance: -
- Kidzplay at Edwards will remain open.
- Breakfast club will open from Monday 19th April 2021.
- All pupils should wear school uniform.
- Staggered arrivals for all pupils
- A-F 9 – 9.10 am
- G-L 9.10 – 9.20 am
- M-Z 9.20 – 9.30 am.
- Staggered departures for all pupils in Years 1 and 2
- A-F 1.45 – 1.55 pm
- G-L 1.55 – 2.05 pm
- M-Z 2.05 – 2.15 pm.
- Staggered departures for all pupils in Years 3 - 7
- A-F 2.45 – 2.55 pm
- G-L 2.55 – 3.05 pm
- M-Z 3.05 – 3.15 pm.
- School meals will be available (see menu) and will be served and eaten in the classroom. Please send in correct money in a labelled envelope on a Monday for the week ahead.
- EA Transport will be available.
- All pupils should bring a healthy snack and drink. (After Easter we will resort back to fruit payments for Years 1-3 and a note will be sent out regarding milk for the new term)
- Nursery pupils will be provided with a snack and drink.
- Pupils will be taught in class bubbles and will remain in their class bubbles at break time and lunchtime.
- No after school club until further notice
- Only bus pupils can remain in school after their usual home time and will be facilitated in Kidzplay.
We will continue to prepare for happier times ahead and look forward with enthusiasm to welcoming all our pupils back to school for face to face teaching.
Take care and stay safe.
E C Robinson Principal
A copy of the COVID-19 management flow chart is also available. This details the procedure which will be followed if there is a possible/confirmed COVID-19 cases in the school (updated 28/9/20).
Management of a COVID-19 Positive Case
Dinner menu for the new term - to work on a weekly cycle. Remember to have your order and money ready every Monday.
Please click link below to see the current Classroom Service Menu
Our child protection procedures are outlined below in the parent leaflet. Please read through this and familiarize yourself with the protocol.
Latest School Events Calendar Events
- School Closed ~ Bank Holiday31May2021